- Breakfast is available daily from 8 to 10am
- Social hour with wine and charcuterie daily from 5 to 6pm
- To keep with the tranquility of the Inn, no children (under 16 years) are allowed unless a single party books the entire hotel.
- Our guests value privacy and come to the Burrus House to unwind. Our guiding light ensures your stay is quiet, comfortable, and relaxing.
- This is a non-smoking Inn. NO CIGARS.
- All equipment (kayaks, paddle boards, and bicycles) usage by guests is voluntary and at your own risk. The Burrus House Inn is not responsible for any injuries incurred while using this equipment.
- Please check your suite carefully before you leave. We are not responsible for items left behind.
Rates, Payments & Deposits:
- All credit cards processed in the USA.
- A 100 percent deposit is collected at the time of booking.
- Payment for retail items and gift certificates is collected at the time of purchase.
- Room rates are based on single or double occupancy, each additional guest will incur a fee of $50 per night. Air mattresses are available for extra guests.
- All rates are daily, per room, for one or two persons. A two night minimum on weekends and a three-night minimum on holiday weekends are required.
- We recommend you reserve directly with The Burrus House Inn to receive the best rate.
- Group reservations: Three or more reservations, either booked together or individually by parties traveling together, constitute a group reservation. Group reservations require full payment at the time of booking.
- Full house reservations require a 50% deposit with another 25% due 4 months prior to stay, and a final 25% due 2 months prior to stay.
- Check-in is from 3pm to 11pm. Please call if you need special arrangements.
- Check-out is 11am. There is a $50 late check-out fee to extend your departure until 12 noon. Please inquire at the front desk for availability.
- There is a $35 rebooking or cancellation fee.
- Reservations canceled under the required notice are considered non-refundable.
- The cancellation guidelines are as follows: For a 1 to 6 night stay, cancel at least 7 days prior to your arrival.
- For a 7 night or longer stay, cancel at least 14 days prior to your arrival.
- Group reservations have a 30-day cancellation policy.
- Full house reservations have a 45-day cancellation policy.
The Burrus House Inn, located in Manteo, NC, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the coastal architecture requirements of our area (being built above the floodplain), the Inn is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such requirements are impossible due to our proximity to Shallowbag Bay.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Elevated access requires climbing ten or more steps. There is one landing.
- All guest rooms are located on the second floor and above.
- The interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
- No rooms have a roll-in shower.
Standard Operating Procedures
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Burrus House Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. However, our work is ongoing. Below are our standard operating procedures for all guests:
- Without discrimination, all individuals can make reservations for any accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner.
- We have identified and described the physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether The Burrus House Inn meets their accessibility needs.
- Once reserved, we guarantee that any guest room is held for the reserving customer and removed from all reservation systems.
- We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that barriers to accessibility descriptions are available.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the Inn where members of the public are allowed.
For special accommodation needs, please call us at (252) 475-1636 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology.