One of our top recommendations in not only Manteo, but all of the Outer Banks. Their completely North Carolina based menu features the freshest seafood around. “From boat to table.” They use only NC veggies as well and offer wine enthusiasts over 2000 bottles to choose from. Every seat is water view and oh yeah, the she-crab soup is the best in the world! Our guests also rave about their amazing Sunday Brunch. The perfect choice on your way out of town on a weekend getaway. They can also cater any size event for you if you are hosting your event at Burrus House Inn.
Blue Water Grill & Raw Bar offers fine dining, an extensive wine, cocktail and beer list, and one of the liveliest settings in the Outer Banks right on the waterfront in nearby Pirate’s Cove. Fresh seafood salads, entrees and appetizers are the real draw here, but they also excel at a number of other dishes. Don’t miss out on their signature “Oyster Happy Hour” and make sure to try their oyster shooters, some of the best we’ve ever had.
Here are a few other recommended local spots to check out … right in Manteo:
- Lost Colony Tavern: Complete your Roanoke Island experience by enjoying the food, beer, and spirits of the British Isles right here where it all began. Located in downtown Manteo at the corner of Queen Elizabeth Avenue and Sir Walter Raleigh Street.
- Darrell’s Restaurant: Family style seafood restaurant and elevated diner with 5 decades of experience serving you only the best breakfast, lunch and dinner in Manteo.
- Ortega’z Southwestern Grill & Wine Bar: Ortega’z brings spice to Downtown Manteo. With a definite southwestern flair, and a relaxed, casual atmosphere.
- Poor Richard’s Sandwich Shop and After Hours Bar: We use only the highest quality ingredients for our menu items and signature daily specials. And the fun doesn’t stop with lunch! Our After Hours Bar boasts an impressive array of beer and wine, plus live music to keep the good times rolling.
- 1587 Lounge: Dine at one of the finest Manteo restaurants … with a quaint, casual atmosphere and exquisite views, a night of dining at our restaurant is a must during your stay. We blend the best and freshest ingredients to make small plates and entrees that are of the highest standard.
- OLIVES A Greek Kitchen: Homemade Mediterranean dishes and desserts. Beautiful views from inside and outdoor dining.
- Stripers Bar and Grille: Located right next door to the Burrus House Inn. Stripers Bar and Grille is a 3 floor restaurant with every seat overlooking the water. We buy local seafood when available and we make everything in house from desserts to dressing’s and sauce’s.
Venture a bit further and you’ll find these wonderful Outer Banks restaurants:
- JK’S Restaurant: One of our top fine dining recommendations for steak and seafood on the Outer Banks!
- Owens’ Restaurant: In business for over 76 years of fine dining serving excellent steaks and seafood.
- Great Gut Deli – The best sandwiches and view around, Hands Down! Located just south of Manteo in Wanchese.
- Sam and Omie’s: One of the Outer Bank’s favorite breakfast place for over 70 years but also serving lunch and dinner.
For a complete list of Outer Banks restaurants, check out the webpage maintained by The Outer Banks Visitors Bureau. You can filter by category, region, and amenity – it is the best kept list around. They also keep track of who is open during the offseason …